lauantai 5. huhtikuuta 2014

5.4.2014 Saturday

Hi!
Finally I have time to write here again. All week has been so busy and in the evenings I have been so tired so I was thinking I will write during the weekend. In the mornings I go to work 7.40 am by train and tube, and in the evenings I'm back home 18.30 pm. After work I have been talking with my boyfriend, family and friends in skype and then fell a sleep. But now it's weekend wohoo! I have been waiting for this like whole week, that I can sleep late. The plan for this day is to meet the finnish girls, I don't know yet what are we going to do but it is seen in the evening.

At work I havent done much yet. I only have watched what other receptionists have been doing and I have been standing next to them. i have wrote down some basic things about checking in and checking out. Last summer I was working at the reception of Longvik hotel so I know something about those things but it's more complicated because I have to speak english whole time. I have used to it now but there are still so much words in english I don't know yet, but I'll learn.

When the receptionists are checking guests in, basic phrases are these:

-Hello Sir/Mr/Mrs/Ms
-Welcome/welcome back to the hotel, how can I help you?
-Your name please
-May I have your passport please? (if the guest is not living in UK)
-May I have your credit or debit card please for guarantee the extra charges
-They print the registration card and the guest fill the detail, like home address, e-mail, home number and signature
-Then they tell how long is the guest staying, what kind of room they have and in which floor
-Breakfast time, internet access
-Restaurants (There are two restaurants next to the hotel, Bugis Street and Olives)
-Gym and Business room
-If guests want newspapers or wake up calls in the morning
-If there are anything you want to know, we have 24 hours reception and room service so you can call from the rooms anytime you want, we will help you
-Do you need help with your luggage?
-Enjoy your stay

And checking out:

-Hello Sir/Mr/Mrs/Ms
-How can I help you/checking our?
-Your room number and name is?
-How was your stay?
-Then they tell the guest if the room is prepaid or there are some extra charges.
-They print the receipt and give it for the guest inside of an envelope.
-They give the card of the supervaisor if they want to write down something about their staying, good or bad things
-Do you need help with your luggage?
-have a nice day/weekend/flight etc


So, maybe I can do those things next week as well, I hope so. Here are some pictures I took few days ago. There is London Eye which I see every morning and evening in the train and then few pictures about the park next to my host place.

I will write later again, have a nice weekend everyone!

By: Emmi





2 kommenttia:

  1. Moi, pikkuhiljaa varmaan pääset respassakin asiakaspalvelutilanteisiin. Paljon on näköjään kysymyksiä, jota tulee kysyä asiakkaalta sisäänkirjautuessa. Kirjoitat hyvää englantia, hienosti ja luettavasti, mielenkiintoisesti. Hienoa!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kiitos paljon :) Ensi viikolla ehka paasee jo ottamaan vieraita vastaan ja tsekkaamaan ulos.

    VastaaPoista